Sunday, February 1, 2009

“The beginning is the most important part of the work” - Plato

So here I am, starting a blog. It is by me, a 19 year old first year medical student in the UK.
In this blog I hope to show people what it's like to study medicine, from the highs of shouting "Get me that chem 20, STAT!" to all the nurses in Resus (OK, maybe not yet) to the lows of finding that the coffee machine is out of order right before a 3-hour lecture session.
I realise I'm a bit slow off the mark, with over a term gone already and with it some of the most important experiences (like seeing my first dead body). I'll do a few posts in the next few days to catch up on the stuff I've missed, mainly getting in to med school, interviews, first lectures, dealing with dissection etc.
Hopefully I'll blog once a week ish, maybe more if lots happens, maybe less if it's a particularly boring week of histology practicals...
Also, I realise that in medicine there are a lot of sensitive topics, and things that shouldn't be disclosed or talked about inappropriately, and so will do my best to anonymise anything I say.
Finally, I sincerely hope nobody gets offended by this blog, and if that is the case will understand that it was never my aim to do so. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your blog and most importantly good luck with your medical degree. It will be worth in the end.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete